This is my personal gear list. It does not include the bike repair gear, which will be in a separate post, if people are interested.
- 1 Bike helmet liner (Icebreaker)**
- 1 Helmet (Bell)
- 1 pair sunglasses
- 1 set arm warmers (Ibex)**
- 1 set knee or leg warmers (Sugoi)**
- 1 pair padded biking gloves (Pearl Izumi)
- 2 sports bras/tanks
- 2 biking jerseys*
- 1 long sleeve biking jacket (Sugoi)**
- 1 biking windbreaker (Peal Izumi)
- 3 pairs biking shorts (double shorting)*
- 5 pairs synthetic underwear (Hanes)*
- 3 pairs socks (Smart Wool; REI)
- 1 pair recessed clip bike shoes (Pearl Izumi)
* If trip is less than a week, in cool weather, or will have frequent rest days, I’d eliminate one full kit (i.e., 1 jersey, 1 shorts, 1-2 underwear, 1 pair of socks).
** On warm weather trips. I’d forgo the long sleeve jersey and helmet liner, but still keep the arm and knee warmers to be safe, unless you know it is going to be hot.
- 1 hat
- 1pair gloves
- 1 raincoat
- 1 pair rainpants
- 1 down/synthetic puffy jacket
- 1 lightweight polar fleece jacket***
- 1 black yoga pants (for camp and PJs)
- 1 T-shirt (for camp and pjs)
- 1 pair long underwear (for camp and PJs)
- 1 lightweight synthetic hoodie (for camp and PJs)
- 1 long sleeve wool shirt (Icebreaker) (for camp and PJs)
- 1 lightweight pants with zip-off legs (for camp)
- 1 pair flipflops (Chaco)
On warm trips, I’ve brought a skort, like the kind in a Title Nine or Athleta catalogue, that when paired with a shirt and Chacos makes as a decent civie outfit on warm rest days.
I prefer having a pair of black yoga pants that you can wear around camp, as pajamas, and, when necessary, as civies on rests days. Also, for pajamas, I like wearing a clean pair of socks. I use the same pair for camp/sleeping, the other two sets for biking or hiking. I also like a lightweight synthetic hoody as my pajama top because the hoody helps keep my hat on my head during cold nights.
***This is a bit of a splurge that could be left behind and one could layer a long-sleeve or puffy instead. I just love this jacket so much, that I usually want to wear it at camp and on rest days.
- Bonners soap
- Small flat mirror
- Hair supplies: small comb, bobby pins, ponytail holder
- Glasses & contact supplies: case, extra (extended wear) contacts, saline, lubricating eye drops
- Mini makeup kit: small mascara, mini powder, mini eyeshadow, SPF CC cream
- SPF moisturizer
- Wet Ones / BB Cleansing Wipes
- Deodorant (optional, depending on weather)
- Small camp towel
- Medium sized compression sack (for clothes)
- Small backpack (for supplies and misc)
- First aid kit (don’t forget the tampons)
- Sleeping bag
- Campstove w/ repair kit
- 2 Lighters
- Camp kettle
- Collapsible Bowl
- Metal Camp Bowl
- Coffee maker
- Water bottles
When going light, we prefer small metal bowls for our personal eating bowls because we can also use them as cooking/prep bowls.